Resources with Links
The 2010 Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plan identifies strategies and recommendations to protect and improve water quality in Chautauqua Lake and its Watershed.
- 2010 Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plan Part 1
- 2010 Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plant Part 2
- 2010 Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plan Part 3
This is a link to a variety of sewage management plans for Chautauqua Lake.
The Village of Lakewood-Town of Busti Stormwater Management Engineering Study develops recommended improvements to address stormwater quality and quantity.
The 2012 TMDL for Chautauqua Lake sets guidelines for phosphorus reductions with in the lake and watershed.
The 2013 Dredging Feasibility Study for Chautauqua Lake evaluates the feasibility of a dredging project on Chautauqua Lake.
The Macrophyte Management Strategy (MMS) provides a set of guidelines for the management of macrophytes in Chautauqua Lake.
- 2017 Macrophyte Management Strategy (MMS) Executive Summary
- 2017 MMS Part 1
- 2017 MMS Part 2
- 2017 MMS Appendix 1
The Harmful Algal Bloom (HAB) Action Plan identifies the causes of HABs in Chautauqua Lake and identifies actions that could be taken to reduce HABs.
The 2018 Chautauqua Lake Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) addresses the impacts of nuisance macrophytes on Chautauqua Lake and evaluates the extent that herbicides can be used in Chautauqua Lake.
2019 E&E White Paper for Chautauqua Lake Macrophyte Management
- Summary of Methods for Control of Aquatic Invasive and Nuisance Plants with Special Emphasis on Eurasian Watermilfoil (Myrophillum spicatum) and Curly-leaf Pondweed (Potamogeton crispus)
The 2019 Chautauqua Lake Weed Management Consensus Strategy is a document that brings lake and watershed related stakeholders together to agree on a plan for the management of Chautauqua Lake.
This web page is an introduction to invasive aquatic macrophytes both within Chautauqua Lake and outside of Chautauqua Lake.
This link provides information about weed harvesting efforts in Chautauqua Lake from 2011 to present.
Hard Copy/PDF (Contact Us)
The Erosion Diagnosis and Mitigation Study for Goose and Dutch Hollow Creeks is an in-depth analysis of both stream systems which identifies sources of erosion within these systems.
- 2014 Erosion Diagnosis and Mitigation Study for Goose and Dutch Hollow Creeks