Since 2015, the Alliance has partnered on an array of projects aimed at improving the water quality in Chautauqua Lake and its watershed for its multitude of uses and users. These projects are made possible thanks to the work of many dedicated partners, with funding generously provided by The Lenna Foundation, Ralph C. Sheldon Foundation, Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, Gebbie Foundation, Holmberg Foundation, Hultquist Foundation, County of Chautauqua, New York State, and private contributors.
*Click button categories below to view projects and supporting information. Alliance-partnered projects make up the majority of content on these pages, however other related projects and resources may also be included.
Ball Creek Stabilization
- Improvements to ~440 linear feet of highly eroded stream bank along Ball Creek in the Town of North Harmony.
- Engineering performed by EcoStrategies. Construction by Legend Excavating achieved substantial completion in fall 2023.
- Second phase of a two-part stabilization of the tributary led by the Town of North Harmony. State funding provided by the Environmental Protection Fund as administered by NYSDEC via the Water Quality Improvement Program.
- Includes rip-rap rock stabilization, log veins, and bank grading.
- Native plantings to act as biofilters and to provide bank stabilization.
- Local project partners include the the Town, Alliance, Chautauqua County Soil and Water Conservation District, and Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy.