Now Hiring: Communications Coordinator
Please click here to view a PDF of the Job Posting.
Date Posted: December 11, 2020 | Deadline to Apply: January 22, 2021
Chautauqua Lake & Watershed Management Alliance, Inc.
201 West Third Street | Suite #115
Jamestown, NY 14701
The Chautauqua Lake & Watershed Management Alliance (Alliance) is seeking to hire a full-time Communications Coordinator who will aid in the Alliance’s mission to improve the health and usability of Chautauqua Lake and its watershed. The Alliance, working in collaboration with lake- and watershed-related organizations, municipalities, and other stakeholders, promotes and facilitates implementation of recommendations from the Chautauqua Lake Watershed Management Plan, the Chautauqua Lake Macrophyte Management Strategy, and other initiatives by prioritizing projects, securing funding, and allocating resources. Chautauqua Lake supports a broad array of uses and users, and as such, the Alliance’s 24 members represent diverse community interests. By working together in a unified and comprehensive way, we help develop and implement projects and programs that utilize a balanced approach to lake maintenance, watershed management, and scientific research. The Alliance is a designated 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization. The Communications Coordinator will be a full-time employee who will work with the Executive Director, Project Manager, and our 24 member stakeholders to support our organizational mission and ongoing and future in-lake, watershed, and research initiatives. Primary duties will include public and member outreach efforts to keep the community up to date on Alliance activities, as well as performing project pre-development and partnership building to help support future grant applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in earth/environmental science, biology, ecology, fisheries, water resources, natural resource management, planning, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience working in lake management, watershed management, storm water management, environmental policy, environmental planning, or related fields is preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Self‐motivated and energetic with demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with ability to build trust and rapport with a broad range of people.
- Maturity of judgment, high degree of integrity, discretion, tact, and initiative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and related platforms.
- Experience with a variety of media platforms – including Web, Social, Print, and Radio/TV preferred.
- Experience with website management and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) preferred.
- Ability to work well in a small, entrepreneurial setting, taking on multiple concurrent tasks, adapting as priorities change, and working as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to conduct limited fieldwork within the Chautauqua Lake Watershed.
- Ability and willingness to attend multiple Member, County, Municipal and other stakeholder meetings.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Two weeks paid time off per year
- Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please submit your Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “CLWMA Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is January 22, 2021.