Invasive Species Projects
Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy (2022)
- The Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy is utilizing grant funding from the Alliance, through the Ralph C. Sheldon Foundation, the Chautauqua Region Community Foundation, and The Lenna Foundation, for its 2022 Chautauqua Lake Aquatic Invasive Species Early Detection Volunteer Taskforce Program. On-water citizen science surveys will be held on the following dates. To register please contact Twan Leenders at Twan@chautauquawatershed.org or by calling (716) 664-2166. Additional information can be found below or click here to download the PDF.
- Wednesday, June 22nd @ 1pm – Chautauqua Lake Outlet (launch at Celoron Park, Celoron)
- Friday, July 8th @ 1pm – Greenhurst (launch at Celoron Park, Celoron)
- Thursday, July 14th @ 1pm – Chautauqua Lake Outlet (launch at McCrae Point Park, Jamestown)
- Tuesday, July 26th @ 9am – Ashville Bay (launch at Ashville Bay Marina)
- Friday, August 5th @ 1pm Bemus Point & Long Point (launch at Bemus Point)
- Wednesday, August 17th @ 1pm – Mayville (launch at Mayville Park)
- Saturday, August 27th @ 9am – Ashville Bay (launch at Ashville Bay Marina)
- Friday September 9th @ 1pm – CHQ Lake outlet, launch at Celoron Park
Audubon Community Nature Center (ACNC) Water Chestnut Rapid Response Removal Services for Chautauqua Lake Watershed Property Owners (2020-Present)
- The Audubon Community Nature Center is utilizing grant funding from the Alliance to assist property owners within the Chautauqua Lake watershed with water chestnut removal projects. For more information about this program, visit the Audubon’s Invasive Species Management Efforts Page.
Roger Tory Peterson Institute (RTPI) (2018-2021)
- The Roger Tory Peterson Institute’s What Are These Weeds page provides information about aquatic invasive plants both within Chautauqua Lake and outside of Chautauqua Lake.